Wednesday 27 June 2012

Tips for Beautiful Healthy Hair

While still recovering, I thought I'd pull information and inspiration from a fellow blogger.

Emily Meyers shares her 10 Tips for Gorgeous, Healthier Hair on her blog Life, etc..


Starting with Part 1, her first 5 tips are;

#1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

#2. Lets talk about harsh chemicals.
#3. Vitamins.

#4. Turn off the heat!

#5. Good Product.
Check out her blog for a full explanation of each. I'll be following along to find out the last 5 tips, especially since my hair seems extra damaged in the summer with the heat and pool water, not that that will stop me from having fun. It's important to know how to prevent damage so that you're not always in a reactive state, trying to repair your hair.
Like Emily mentions, I too swirl my hair up in a high bun (wet or dry, often with a leave-in conditioner) and then either keep it up and out of the way, or unravel it when I'm ready to reveal beautiful wavy hair for the day. It obviously depends on your hair type, so you might have to use hairspray or other styling products.
This is my favourite product to use if I must blowdry my hair. I say must because I try to avoid it to prevent damage, and also since I don't think most days are worth the extra effort, ha!
TRESemmé Heat Tamer Spray is a protective spray to apply to wet hair before blow drying, curling or straightening. It's a super lightweight spray, doesn't get your hands sticky and has a 'pin' to lock it for easy travelling.
Thermal Creations is their entire product collection that's specifically vitamin-enriched and formulated to work with your hot irons and blow dryers, while protecting your hair from heat damage.
Emily also has some amazing hair tutorials on her blog which are super simple and will give you a professional look. I've been trying to figure out new ways to style my hair since it has gotten so long it's almost unmanageable. I love her Braided Headband!

 

Thanks for the tips Emily, and I hope you're all getting closer to Gorgeous, Healthier Hair...starting now.

* See here for Part 2


Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the braided headband! I've been trying to master it. I'll have to take a look at her site!

xoxo Amber
myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Check it out for sure...I'm loving her blog.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I have the heat tamer spray too - it's amazing! I try to keep my hair super healthy so I can keep it long, and it's nice to know there is a product that will help when I have to heat style!

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Yeah, I love it. Also, if you can get away with just blow drying and leave out that extra step of straightening, you'll be better for it. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...