Thursday 21 June 2012

Current Crush: Newspaper Nail Art

My Current Crush, linking up with Framed Frosting is Newspaper Nail Art.

This design trend has been around for a little while now, however I still have not tried it myself. Where does the time go?

The good news is (no pun intended) I already have the perfect nail polish for the basic newsprint look, Samoan Sand by OPI. As you can see from some inspiration photos below, any colour goes.

Via

White, Grey or Neutral for the traditional look, or the oh so popular Mint can now be even more stylish. 

Via

All you need is your favourite nail polish, 10 pieces of newsprint sized to cover your nails (or just the tip if you'd rather), a strong top coat and a dipping container for water, vodka or rubbing alcohol.

It has been tried and tested with each method so you can choose your preference. If you're going to have a cocktail or martini while doing your nails, use the vodka. If you want to keep it simple, use water. You might just have to hold the piece of newsprint a bit longer for the ink to transfer. 

Note: Writing will show up backwards.

After the transfer, wait a few minutes for the ink to dry and then apply one or two top coats.  

Transfer Newspaper Articles, Crosswords, Images and Alphabet Letters. This is super fun but also sophistocated for the classy business woman.

Via

Here's a quick step-by-step video just in case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kcdt4_5Ncc


Have you tried this technique?
Pin It

13 comments:

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

I have been dying to try this - just waiting for the time to work it all out! Thanks for linking up!

Rachel (co-host)
www.listsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Nav said...

no but want to, looks lovely

http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Let me know if you try it. I'd love to see another version.

Unknown said...

I tried this with my roomie and we couldn't get it to work :( Any tips?

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Oh no! What liquid did you use to process? I've just read that you need to let each layer dry really well and might need to hold the newsprint on for a while. I want to try this technique maybe next week so I'll let you know how it goes.

LAEP 4100 said...

Thanks for stopping by Lizzy & Janes. I too have seen this idea floating around, but never tried it. Be sure to post pics if you do...it is always so helpful to hear others tips & tricks. I especially like the bright yellow...it really makes it pop. Great post!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

OH my gosh that is so awesome! I will definitely have to try that. Who comes up with these things! Genius!

Alli @ Allena Mistral said...

I love this idea! I always like reusing something for a random purpose. I have so much newspaper that never gets used... maybe I'll try this!

Alli
Allena Mistral

Jennifer Hanson @ Wuthering Iris said...

Oh I just love this idea! I have to try it soon.

Have a great day!

-Jenn

Unknown said...

That is such a cool idea! I love trying out different nail art designs and this one is so creative!

katiesbliss.com

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Thanks Jane. You have some very pretty pieces. I'll post my attempt sometime soon.

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Thanks Jenn. Glad to hear you had a nice vacation.

Unknown said...

I love this idea, I have wanted to try it for awhile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...