Wednesday 13 June 2012

Graffiti - Express Yourself the Natural Way

I always get a guilty pleasure out of seeing Graffiti. As a fellow artist/designer I cannot help but appreciate the details, the colours, the playful sense about it, however as a naturalist, I find it best to express my creativity in more productive ways.

I've found a few creative ways to incorporate graffiti into your style or space, without the spray can.

Deborah Thomson of Figgie Shoes specializes in shoe artistry. She designed these personalized wedges for her client's wedding day. Her "Graffiti Love" wedges incorporated details like; Mel + Marc, their wedding date and even a charicature of their dog. Check out the details, and of course the colours!


I would have to choose something a bit more conservative from her Bridal Collection for my wedding day, however I could definitely strut down the street in these or wear them to a stylish event. These would not be tucked away in the closet though. I would have them up on a shelf to be displayed as art. Beautiful.


Another brilliantly beautiful concept utilizes old and new moss to write or decorate spaces. This is a DIY must! Simple instructions were found on Popular Mechanics.

Also, Artist/Eco Graffitist Anna Garforth has several professional examples of this type seen around the world both on the streets and in galleries. Examples include; The Big Bang, Moss Cross and Grow.



 














Anna has also created a typeface called Polinate, using dried pressed flowers and branches. Amazing.


I stumbled upon another blog showcasing this same moss design and was very happy I did. Lynne Knowlton writes a blog entitled, Design the Life you want to Live. The title alone is inspiring and its definitely worth checking out for other design tips. She seems like a fabulous woman, with a great sense of humour!  






Pin It

3 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Thank you for sharing!! Ive added the shoes to my Pinterest page :)))

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I knew you'd appreciate these shoes. I'll be following you on Pinterest because I know your page will be full of fabulous designs and creations.

Vani said...


I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
event graffiti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...