Friday 22 June 2012

Photographic Memory


I think it's fun to go to the zoo no matter what age you are and no matter how many times you've been before. There are so many different creatures and it is amazing to see their natural beauty and their interaction with one another.

This was my encounter with a Peacock. When I was yonger I was surprised to learn that it was the male peacock that was so colourful. I suppose since women are naturally more beautiful typically the ones to fancy ourselves up, for ourselves and for men, it's hard to believe that the males of many species (birds, ducks, lions, etc.) are the ones that naturally have more colour or detail. These males go around boasting themselves, try desperately to attract a female. This peacock in particular was strutting his stuff and shaking his feathers and it was hilarious to see the females run behind him to hide. If only all males put in that effort. But we need a lot more than looks, honey.


I think it's about time we had our men step up. Although, I must say, sometimes my boyfriend spends more time on his hair, than I do mine. Does your guy put in the effort or could he polish up a bit? What would you say about this little fact of nature?

Have a memorable weekend and let your colours shine!
Pin It

4 comments:

Alli @ Allena Mistral said...

Oh wow I love peacocks!! They're so pretty. To be honest, my guy usually looks better than I do! Some times (well, most of the time), I just don't feel the need to get all dolled up in the morning...

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

It's definitely too much effort to get done up every day but I think then it's extra special and fun getting done up for a night out. Enjoy the weekend!

Rachel said...

Peacocks are beautiful creatures! And I know I appreciate it that my husband is pretty good about dressing nicely whenever we go out!

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

It's fun to go out with your man and show him off a bit...keeping him on the leash that is, just joking! ;) Hope you had a nice weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...