Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Wooden Clutch


I stumbled accross this ultra-modern rendition of Devi Kroell's iconic wooden clutch. The luxury accessories brand based out of New York has embellished the wooden clutch with a unique combination of stingray and ash wood, finished with the signature Devi Kroell roll clasp. Produced in Florence, Italy, each clutch is carved from matured wood that is aged 10-15 years, takes three days to manufacture with the workmanship of three different artisans. The wood clutch retails at $2,700 (then I wouldn't have any money to put in it).


I love the concept of using wood in this manner, although I would have to find a more obtainable and animal/eco-friendly accent for the front.


You can see their latest collection including this beauty at www.devikroell.com.


While searching the web for a DIY version or anything more affordable, I found
the Lotus Sutra PADMA clutch by Rachana Reddy.



"As a Lotus flower is born in water
and rises out of water to stand above it unsoiled,
So I, born in the world, raised in the world having
overcome the world, live unsoiled by the world."
- Buddha -


The clutches are craved wood with inlaid silk. Prices range from $115-165 USD.

Rachana emphasizes the significance of the Lotus flower (or Padma) of inspiring an invincible spirit. I think that this (such spirit) is something that every woman needs. Confidence in herself, and perhaps confidence in her choices for both visual appeal and environmental stance. 
Pin It

2 comments:

Eatlovemerry said...

That wooden clutch is amazing!

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

Glad you like it. The concept of your blog is so sweet...makes me kind of jealous, or should I say wishful. Enjoy your lovely adventures!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...