Monday 9 July 2012

My Newsprint Nails


Alright, so two weeks ago I wrote about my Current Crush on Newspaper Nail Art. Up until then I had only seen this technique and never tried it myself. This weekend I made my first attempt and it was fabulously successful. I couldn't believe it really was so easy and I'm loving the results. 


My Technique:

3 coats of OPI Samoan Sand 
2 coats of AVON Mambo Melon (on index fingers)
*Let dry between each coat and prior to applying newsprint

10 small pieces of newsprint large enough to cover the entire nail. I also strategically cut out individual letters for a monogram or just something different.


Submerge a piece of newsprint in a cup or small dish of warm water for 3 seconds immediately before placing it on your finger nail. Place the newsprint on the nail and hold it down with your pointer finger and middle finger of the opposite hand. Keep still and press hard for 60 seconds (Note: I tested it after 30 seconds and the print appeared, however it was just a bit fainter).

I had the same results with both the OPI and the AVON nail polish so I don't think the brand is a factor.

Wait a few minutes for the newsprint to dry prior to your top coat. If you apply it too soon the newsprint will smudge. Also, if you try and do anything fancy in the meantime like blow your nose or try to take fancy photos, this will also smudge off the newsprint :)



Good luck and have fun testing out this technique and please share your results. I'd love to see what you all come up with!




  
Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that I know this really works, I want to try it!! I might just have to do it tonight!

Melissa Enault said...

Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today!!

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous! I'm definitely going to try this tonight! You've got a lovely blog here... I'll be following for sure!

Jen
http://drawingsunderthetable.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

These look awesome! Aloha from Maui and thanks so much for linking up with Mani Monday!

xo,
Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

These look awesome! Aloha from Maui and thanks so much for linking up with Mani Monday!

xo,
Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...